Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced.
- 200g Arborio rice.
- 75ml dry white wine.
- 900ml Vegetable stock or water.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of Crème fraiche.
- 200g cooked pumpkin flesh.
- Few small cubes of pumpkin, fried until crispy.
- Fresh sage, fried until crispy.
- Chopped hazelnuts.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onion and sweat until translucent.
- Then the garlic. Fry for one minute
- Add the rice and heat until you can’t touch the grains.
- Pour in the wine and let it be absorbed.
- Start adding your stock. Add ladle by ladle, waiting for it to be absorbed before each addition.
- Keep the pan hot and stir constantly to keep the starch moving.
- Season little and often to maintain control over the flavour. Keep tasting.
- When the rice has only a slight crunch left, add the parmesan and melt into the risotto.
- Add the pumpkin flesh and keep cooking.
- Cook until al dente, adding more water if necessary.
- Season one last time, the crème fraiche to taste.
- Pour into to bowls and decorate.
Chef’s tip: you can also decorate the risotto with crushed amaretti biscuits or even better – toasted brioche croutons.