A Thai soup with distinct flavours and fragrant spices.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250g minced turkey meat
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon of Fussels Rapeseed Chilli Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Small pinch of ground cloves (very small pinch, as this spice is very strong)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, lower 1/3 - finely minced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 small piece of galangal
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large tomatoes
- Coriander stalks (saved from the leaves above)
- 2 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons of creamed coconut
- Juice from 1/2 lime
Place all the paste ingredients into a food processor and blend.
Heat a little Fussels Extra Virgin Rapeseed oil in a pan, when hot, add the paste and fry for a couple of minutes.
Gradually add the stock and stir thoroughly; simmer gently for a few minutes.
Mix the turkey meat with the salt, pepper, chopped coriander leaves, fish sauce and chilli oil and gently roll into small balls.
Poach them in the soup until cooked through (5-10 minutes).
Finish the soup with the lime juice.
Serve with rice noodles and lots of fresh coriander, beansprouts, fresh chilli.