Ahi Poke is diced raw fish served either as an appetizer or as a main course and is one of the main dishes of Native Hawaiian cuisine.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 200g of sashimi grade tuna, cut into small cubes (1/2 cm)
- 2 tablespoons of fennel finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- 20g pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of Japanese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon of furikake (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients together and season to taste.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavours to incorporate.
- Serve with fresh green leaves.