Making a load of delicious homemade bread has never been so simple. This focaccia loaf is easy to make and easy to personalise, try adding different herbs like thyme, perhaps some chopped chilli and/or garlic or some cherry tomatoes.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 500g strong white bread flour.
- 2 tsp salt.
- 2 sachets dried easy blend yeast.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil (plus extra).
- 400ml cold water.
Makes 1 loaf
- Place the flour, salt, yeast, oil and 300ml of the water into a large bowl.
- Combine to form a dough and knead in the bowl for 5 minutes, whilst adding the remaining water.
- Stretch the dough out by hand in the bowl, tuck the sides into the centre, turn the bowl 90 degrees and continue for about five minutes.
- Tip the dough onto an oiled work surface and continue kneading for five more minutes.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size (around 45 minutes to an hour).
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Tip the dough out of the bowl onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough, pushing to the corners, then leave to prove for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Drizzle the loaf with more rapeseed oil, decorate with rosemary sprigs and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When cooked, drizzle with a little more oil and serve hot or warm.