Carpaccio of Beef with Truffle and Artichoke Salad.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 1 fillet of beef (best quality you can get).
- 100ml of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil.
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peppercorns (ideally a mixture of colours).
For the Salad:
- 100g cooked artichoke hearts.
- 1 teaspoon of truffle oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Handful of rocket.
- Few shavings of parmesan.
For the carpaccio
- Combine the mustard with the oil and coat the entire fillet, followed by the salt and pepper.
- Quickly sear all over in a very hot pan.
- Leave to cool, wrap tightly in cling film and freeze for 1 hour, to make the slicing easier.
- Slice very thinly and arrange on a plate.
For the salad
- Combine the artichokes with the oil and salt and pepper.
- Arrange on top of the carpaccio, followed by the rocket and parmesan.
- Pour any leftover oil from the artichokes all over and serve.
We topped our carpaccio with deep fried lotus root, but fresh potato crisps will also do. Just slice them as thinly as you can and fry for one minute in plain rapeseed oil preheated to 190C. Then drain on a kitchen paper and sprinkle with a little salt.