Try out this tasty breakfast taco.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bavette beef steak
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut julienne
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Small handful of coriander leaves
- 2 eggs
- 4 tortillas
- 1 small pot of soured cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of hot chilli sauce
- Handful of grated cheddar
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed Oil
- Extra Virgin Fussels Rapeseed Oil for frying
Start by combining the Garlic Oil with the coffee and rub all over the bavette steak and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
For the Sauce: Prep your vegetables and combine the sour cream with the hot sauce. Squeeze a little lime juice over the avocado to prevent it from discolouring.
Preheat a large frying pan with a dash of Fussels extra virgin rapeseed oil.
Season the steak with salt and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side and squeeze the rest of the lime juice over the meat. Leave to rest on a board for a couple of minutes.
Warm up the tortillas in the oven if you wish.
Wipe the steak pan, heat a little more Fussels oil and fry the eggs and sprinkle with the cheese.
To plate up - assemble the egg fajita by adding the tomatoes and jalapeño slices.
The steak fajita has the avocado, pepper and coriander, but feel free to experiment!
Finish them with the sauce!