A warming vegetarian dish to be served as a warming lunch or a side dish to rich meaty dishes.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | The Online Cookery School.
- 100g dried polenta
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (plus more for seasoning the beetroots)
- 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs (chives, parsley, dill)
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Garlic Rapeseed oil
- 6 chard leaves, roughly chopped
- Goats cheese for the top (as much as you wold like)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped hazelnuts
Preheat the oven to 200C
Cut the beetroot into wedges, drizzle with the garlic oil and sprinkle with a little salt, cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through and soft.
Raise the oven temperature to the highest setting and give the beetroot another 10 minutes, uncovered to get caramelised.
For the polenta: cook according to the packet instructions adding the salt and parmesan with the garam masala at the beginning and the herbs right at the end before service!
For the chard, simply heat a splash of water in another pan with a small pinch salt and wilt the chard. Pour in a little chilli or garlic oil for a luscious mouthfeel and an extra kick of flavour
Pour the polenta into bowls, top with the chard, beetroot, cheese and hazelnuts.